- Explore more race results listed below.
- First-term Rep. Elaine Luria is forecasted to defeat her Republican opposition Scott Taylor.
- According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Luria has actually raised almost 3 times as much as Taylor since September 30.
- The district is one of 30 that was won by President Trump in 2016 and represented by a Democrat in your home of Representatives.
- See the live protection and complete arise from all US Home elections
- Go to Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
House ( 3 Districts)
First-term Democratic Rep. Elaine Luria is projected to defeat Republican Scott Taylor in a rematch of 2018’s general election race in Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District, Expert and Decision Desk HQ can report.
Luria, a former Navy officer and commander, was the very first female American sailor to invest her entire military profession operating on combat ships, according to The Times of Israel.
In Congress, she’s become part of a group of politically moderate national security and military veterans representing districts President Donald Trump won in 2016, together with fellow Rep. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia, Rep. Elissa Slotkin of Michigan, and Rep. Max Rose of New York, among others.
While declaring his candidateship to regain his Home seat, Taylor berated Luria and other female congresswomen with national security backgrounds, referring to them as “these girls” who “promote their national security background all the time.”
Reacting to Taylor, Luria stated, “Yes, I am a lady.
This March, a previous Taylor campaign staffer pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge for wrongly swearing that she personally flowed and experienced the finalizing of several ballot petitions.
Check Out More